Club Traditions & Information
- Create agendas & preside over club
meetings & events
- Should be familiar with applicable sections of
Robert's Rules of Order
(Parliamentary procedures & rules for conducting
effective & fair meetings)
- Public-relations representative for the club (or designated
- Assign or delegate additional club items/issues requiring
attention to committee
(annual dinner, awards, picnic, fund raising,
recruitment, etc. Default chair = Vice President)
- Follows up with subordinate officers as necessary to verify things
are being done
- Acting President when pres. is unavailable
- Assists President with whatever is requested
- Chair (or member of) most committees
- Take minutes at each meeting & event
- Documents the meetings & events in the monthly
- Maintains the current newsletter subscriber information
newsletters to all current, dues-paying club members
- Email newsletter document file to the Web Steward
- Maintain club checking account
- Collect dues & event registration fees
- Maintain written records of dues & event registration fees
- Pay all club bills & costs
- Give treasury report at each meeting
- Schedule, announce, & preside at ride-planning meeting(s)
(open to ALL members with input and/or interest
in leading rides)
- Define & coordinate the street-ride schedule with the Dirt
- Plan at least one street ride per month; two if one is a
- Solicit & mentor "Ride Leaders" for as many rides as
Define & coordinate the dirt-ride schedule with the Ride Steward
Plan one dirt ride per month
Solicit & mentor "Ride Leaders" for as many rides as possible
Sergeant at Arms
- Maintains order, as directed by the President, at all
- Collects FINES (used to be a quarter) from everyone talking
out of turn.
- Maintain the SFNorthstars <http://www.micapeak.com/sfnorthstars/>
- Publish Word Steward's newsletter online each month
- Create online club calendar from approved Ride Schedule
- Publish new ride-announcement and event details in online
club calendar each month
- Publish all received club photos online each month
- Minutes of the last club meeting
- Next 3-4 months' events listed in the calendar
- Location & time details for rides/events for the next 2
- Ride reports from the meetings or email-list postings
- A few teaser photos if possible
- Drafted at Ride-Planning Meeting(s)
- Reviewed & approved (vote) at next regular club meeting
- Open meeting
- Welcome & introduce guests
- Word Steward reads minutes of last meeting
- Vote to approve minutes as read or amend any corrections
- Old business (old, on-going, or un-resolved stuff)
- New business (upcoming rides & events)
- Ride Reports
- New Motorcycle Reports
- Treasurer's Report
- Close meeting
Ride Leaders & Club Rides
- Announce meeting place & time for rides early enough to be
included in the last newsletter before the ride
- Pre-ride route to check/verify for closures, timing, fuel
stops, & meal locations
- Create ride map and/or route instructions
- At Rider Meeting at beginning of ride;
Distribute & discuss ride map/route information
Discuss ride etiquette, the
Pace, & Rules of the Road
- Take pictures of ride/event (or designate alternate)
- Write or give oral ride report at next meeting (or designate
- Prior to February 2007
Attend 3 club meetings
Attend 3 club rides
Pass the membership vote!
- After February 2007
Attend 5 club events
Minimum 1 meeting
Minimum 2 rides
Pass the membership vote!
Annual Officers Election & Dinner
- The October & November club meetings are OPEN to Officer
Nominations for the following year.
- Any active (current year's dues paid) Northstar may nominate
any other active Northstar for any officer position.
- Nominations require a "second" to be recorded and both must
occur during an official club meeting.
- The Nominee does not have to be present at the meeting to be
nominated, but the Nominee must accept the nomination for their
name to placed on the official ballot.
- The Election Ballots are prepared & delivered with the
- Completed Ballots are DUE at the December meeting and
- Simple majority wins, coil toss in case of tie.
- The Annual Dinner in January is to thank & roast the
previous officers, and install the new officers.
- 2-Mountain Ride
- Delta Ride
- Wine Country Ride
- Salinas BBQ Ride
- Eureka Ride
- Dardanelles Camping Ride
- Tahoe Camping Ride
- Skaggs-Springs International Raceway Ride
- Feather River Ride
- Stonyford Dirt Ride
- Cow Mountain Dirt Ride
- Virginia City Grand Prix
The Northstars Salute! (or Hymn) # 1
Why was he born so beautiful?
Why was he born at all?
He's no fucking use to anyone,
He's no fucking use at all.
He may be a joy to his mother,
But he's a pain in the ass to me.
(raise your glass)
Hymn — Hymn
— FUCK HIM!
The Northstars Salute! (or Hymn) # 2
HURRAY for <insert Name>!
HURRAY at last!
HURRAY for <insert Name here>!
He's a horse's ASS!
Hymn — Hymn
— FUCK HIM!
Back to SFNorthstars Home...
July 02, 2009
©1995-2007, San Francisco Northstars Motorcycle Club